Monday, March 1, 2010

Movie Monday: I've Been Watching...

viewing partner: Isaac & George
stars: ***1/2
notes: I love you, Amy Adams, but I wish it was just "Julia." Oh, and I want some Beef Bourginon. Stat.








viewing partner: half with Isaac, half solo
stars: **
notes: Norwegian-style magical realism does not translate well to the silver screen. Boring and badly edited.








viewing partner: sadly, I made Isaac watch this
stars: none
notes: This was not a movie, just a bad short that took too long to end. Billy Baldwin as a serial killer? C'mon.








viewing partner: George
stars: ****
notes: I want to live in Patrick Swayze's barn. Roadhouse!









viewing partner: all by myself
stars: *****
notes: Amazing. Funny. Moving. Thank you, Mirelles and Lund, for keeping the violent images mostly faded and in the background.







1 comment:

Jennyvi Dizon said...

I totally watched Julie and Julia and it inspired me to do my own project!

Ah yes Road House, I loved Patrick back in the day. I have been watching a lot of movies too, our friend gave us a subscription to Netflix and it's awesome!